After having studied at the diocesan seminary of Vic, on February 16, 1840 he received the Priesthood ordination in Rome since the Spanish government had forbidden the bishops to confer Holy Orders. There he probably met a fellow countryman who was trying to offer himself as a Propaganda Fide (more…)
The organizing committee is formed by the following Claretians:
- Fr. Gonzalo Fernández cmf., Vicar General, President.
- Br. Josep Codina cmf., Provincial Government of Catalonia, coordinator.
- Fr. Jaume Sidera cmf., Biographer of Fr. J. Xifré.
- Fr. Ramon Olomí cmf., Provincial Accountant of Catalonia.
- Fr. Carlos Sánchez cmf., Director of CESC.
We will open the “Xifré Year” with some celebrations on the 17th and 18th of February, and it will be closed on November 3, 2017, a date that recalls his death in 1899. (more…)